Thursday, August 18, 2011

REUNION TIME - MYRTLE BEACH!

So the family decided to get together this August for a little relaxation at Myrtle Beach. There were 11 of us in all and we stayed at the Seacrest resort. It had pools and a kiddie water park type thing. Most of our time though was spent on the beach, which was nice. I love everything about the beach except for the sand ahahhaa.



This was Khyri's second time at a beach. Last summer we went to Cape Cod in August (shout out to the Landrys). He had a blast trying to jump over the waves and see to the bottom of the ocean floor haha. Keith was his shadow most of the time - making sure Khyri didn't run out into the Atlantic.




Khy did play a little bit in the sand - but mostly he was in the water! We were able to get him to slowdown a bit when we had a hydration break and reading time! I'm glad we stayed at an oceanside resort, because when we needed a break from the water we just went inside, since Khyri wouldn't last long on the beach.




Kielle didn't really take to well to the beach. 1. I don't think she's a fan of hot weather and 2. The waves were just too much for her. My baby likes to lounge in the pool. ahahhaa. Even though she wasn't a fan of the beach - boy was she a fan of the sand!!! ahahah she ate A LOT of sand. Her little bathing suits were really cute! haahhahaha girlfriend was styling. I mean really!?!? is there anything cuter than a ladybug swimsuit with a matching hat!?!?





Well the Mosleys have gone and got saddity! hahahaha While we were on the beach Keith said "I'm over this east coast beach thing. I want crystal blue water like we saw in Mexico and Jamaica". Uhhhh really?!?!?! Sir - we are middle class.. ahahha middle class folks take family vacations to Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach and even closer to home - Tybee right outside of Savannah. hahahaha maybe we might could (yes I said might could) swing Destin. maybe. hahahahah.My cousin Kenya did remind us that we have to take time for ourselves, so maybe we can sneak in a trip for just us two. On this trip though, we took time out to snap a few pictures of just the two of us.

5 years from K-squared to K-quad wow!
My grandparents had a wonderful time! I didn't think my grandpa would get in the water, but he was doing it big! Grandma on the other hand had two inches of water over her toes talkin' 'bout " Look Kay I'm swimming!" ahahhahahaha. Ma'am you are barely taking a bath! ahhaahhah But she had a good time.


Its great to see the two of them enjoying life :-)  Seeing them together with all of us reinforces just how important family is. Kielle absolutely loves my grandma. She just completely relaxes when GiGi holds her. Everybody else -  not.so.much.


We took full advantage of everything the resort had to offer. I even went down one night and listened to the karaoke. That I could have skipped. hahahaha. Khyri and I liked the lazy river pool they had though. It was tough getting into the inner tube but once I was in, we were good to go!




We planned the trip around my Grandpa's 88th birthday. I think this will definitely be one he will remember. Happy birthday Grandpa!

No comments: