Thursday, March 8, 2012

THE STANDOFF

Khyri is taking this "I'm a big boy 3 year old and I run this house" thing a little too far. Tonight we had a showdown over peas. I don't know where this tension between the peas and Khyri started; but its getting out of control. Peas used to be Khyri's favorite - the munchkins love mixed veggies. Recently however he just pushes them around his plate. Seeing as frozen peas are $1.29 a pack, I need for Khyri not to waste food or my money - so the time has come to make him eat his peas.

It started out as any other dinner meal. Khyri had pasta and peas. Kielle just had peas and I wasn't that hungry so I had cereal. After a rousing "The Wheels on the Bus" I start cleaning up the table. Low and behold - there are the peas. Sitting there. Staring at me. I calmly say "Khyri eat your peas." No go. 4 minutes later I move into negotiations "Khyri if you eat your peas you can get out of the chair. Khyri if you eat two spoonfuls of peas you can get more juice." No movement.

5 more minutes... peas are still on the plate. Time for serious action. I cut off the lights. That's right this boy is sitting in the dark - chilling. Seriously chilling. 


Khyri protesting in the dark
Play around all you want to - I'm not budging! hmph. Mind you Kielle is out of the highchair running around playing just having a good old time. This other one... not.so.much. I couldn't believe it. My little Khyri. My sweet Khyri. Defiant. Booooooo



43 minutes later... I hoodwinked Khyri into eating 4 spoonfuls of peas. They were all hand fed to him by me, but hey a win is a win! There were maybe 20 or so peas left. No trash can necessary though ...


Moochie McMunchkin is always ready willing and able to eat some peas!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

Fight the power Khryi! LOL!

I only dine on very early peas from the can myself as I find the frozen variety particularly loathsome. Don't hate because all of a sudden Khyri has refined his palate, lol!