Tuesday, February 26, 2013

GROWING UP TOO FAST

This is a short post, but I need to document this tomfoolery. hmph. Khryi is becoming a little man and I cannot handle it. ahahhaha. Here's a recent convo between the two of us:

A regular day with the guys heading out the door to go to school and work.

Me: "Have a good day at school sweetheart."

Putting his hand out like he is a Heisman trophy winner and shooing me away

Him: "Nooooo. My name is Khyri."

Clearly I heard him wrong. He didn't just say what I thought he said, did he? Nuh uh. Hold up I need to get some clarification.

Me: "Huh? What? I can't call you sweetheart?"
Him: "No."
Me: "Wait, I'm sorry. I don't understand. I can't call you sweetheart?"
Him: "No. My name is Khyri, not sweetheart."

Whhaaaaattt? My eyes are getting wide? This can't be happening...

Me: "Can I call you Pug?"
Him: "No."

Oh he has lost his mind.. I've been calling him Pug since Hour 1! He's taking everything away. He's leaving me with nothing. nada.

Me: "Can I call you baby boy?"
Him: "No."

Wait - he's saying "no" to everything... Maybe he doesn't understand what I'm asking. Hold on. I'm gonna give this one more try.

Me: "Can I call you Khy Khy?"
Him: "Yes."

Oh he knows exactly what I'm asking... and he's putting his foot down. As I stood with my mouth wide open and tears welling up in my eyes, the hubby busted out laughing. Really!?!?! This is funny?! My first born is already trying to set some boundaries and you're laughing?!?! bad move hubby. bad move. We've gotta stick together. *sigh* This is the beginning of the end.

Whatever PUG. hmph.

2 comments:

Pretty Bookworms said...

he is so FAMOUS for the Heisman hand!

NajahH said...

Adorable.