Wednesday, January 7, 2015

THANKSGIVING 2014

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I know we should say thank you as often as possible throughout the year, but if we forget from time to time, we can always make up the difference and say one great big thank you on Thanksgiving! hahahah.

We had a wonderful Turkey Day! We started the thanksgiving season off with a turkey lunch at Khyri's school. The food was surprisingly good! We had turkey, stuffing, veggies and cranberry sauce. Decked out in his pilgrim hat, Khyri chowed down :-)



Khyri's class did a mini skit that talked about the differences between life back in pilgrim days and life now. Khyri's group talked about food. 


At the end of the skit, we were invited to use some butter, that the kids had made earlier in the day, and put it on cornbread. It was tasty! I liked all of the Thanksgiving festivities, but I did notice that it was all about Pilgrims. Unless I'm mistaken, two parties sat down for the Thanksgiving dinner... Pilgrims and Native Americans... They were not represented at all. I need to follow up and ask Khyri's teacher why Native Americans weren't included. Let's not try to rewrite history folks...

For another class project, Khyri had to decorate a turkey, so we went on a nature walk and gathered items from around the neighborhood to use as the feathers. We got dirt, cattails, bark, leaves, and acorns.


It was so heavy I had to reinforce it with some poster board. I think it turned out pretty well! Kielle had to create a board about her family for the thanksgiving holiday. Now I gotta admit I went over board. It was just supposed to be a simple poster or maybe a picture but what do I put together...


I promise in 2015 I will scale back my over crafting :-)

For the actual turkey day, I set my menu and the kids helped me cook. We made all the standard sides and ordered the fried turkey from Copelands. My friend Jennifer came by and shared in the festivities bringing some corn that was to die for. Overall, thanksgiving was super fun and yummy!






Next year I'll dress up the table with a table cloth and a runner, but this was as good as I could get :-) After dinner, Jennifer snapped some family photos...




The Mosleys 2014

We truly  have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: