Saturday, August 9, 2014

PREPPING FOR 5

Well we are now in August. Time has flown by and before I know it, I will be holding another sweet little Mosley :-) I am soooooooo behind! I told myself that I would fully commit to focusing on Cinco in May, but May came and went. so here we are.

We don't need much - well no, scratch that. I thought we didn't need much, but as I started  making lists I realized how much I had given away or consigned. I decided the best thing to do was to tackle mini projects so I can feel accomplished and not overwhelmed. First up, buying some new cloth diapers.

I kept most of my diapers from Khyri and Kielle so I didn't need much, but buying cloth diapers is so much fun that I thought it would be a good kick starter. I bought maybe 5 or 6 new diapers, but here are my two favorites. The first one is a Bumgenius Einstein print and the other one is a Dr. Seuss Thing One and Thing Two print. Aren'tthey the cutest things EVER!!!






Now we don't start cloth diapering until month 3, so I had to also start stockpiling disposable diapers to last me through the 1st 3 months. Target has been killing the game this summer with gift card deals and BOGO offers, so I stocked up on diapers in newborn, size 1 and size 2. I only have 1 box of wipes though, so I need to keep an eye out for some good baby wipes deals.


We finally moved Kielle from the converted crib to a big girl twin bed so I was able to move the crib into the baby's room. It was a little worn from wear so I spruced it up a bit by painting the rails gray.



I have also been keeping my eyes open for good deals on baby items and was able to grab a few things from consignment stores and Target clearance.




My greatest score was finding this Ergo Baby Carrier on sale at Target for 50% off! Normally $120, I got it for $60 aaannnnnddd because I have a Target REDcard I was able to get it for an additional 5% off! I am so excited to add this carrier to my collection. Between this and my Maya wrap, this baby will never be in the stroller! ahhahaha


I was able to also order my FREE breastpump from my health insurance company. Thank you President Obama for mandating breast pump coverage! It doesn't come with the handy dandy bag to carry it in, but since I only pump at home, It will work perfectly for me!


Cinco's due date is September 4th. The theme of the nursery, I think, is going to be "world traveller" I've started with a map of the world and that's it so far. ahhaha. It'll all come together - no rush ;-) I haven't bought many clothes because we are Team Green so we'll find out the day of wheteher Cinco is a boy or girl. I've been picking up a few neutral items here and there and I think I've settled on the coming home outfit.


I'm just super excited to welcome another loud mouth into our home :-) I'm already claiming that this baby is going to look like me! I lost that bet with the first 2, but this is my year - I just feel it :-) hahahaha Both munchkins think we are having a girl and Keith and I both think its a boy - so we'll see. Either way, Khyri is determined to call this baby Thomas (after Thomas the Train) hahahahahaha

No comments: